Fresh air. We all need it!
Solano County is largely rolling hills and farmland, but our Suisun breezes can’t save city dwellers from secondhand smoke. So, we’re actively working with community partners to create policies that support a smoke-free environment: smoke-free apartments, parks, waterfronts, government facilities, and other public places. We all deserve to breathe better!
Did you know…
- In Solano County 14% of Adults smoke
- There are at least 15 apartment complexes that are already smoke-free
- You can ask businesses and private property owners to create smoke-free spaces
VibeSolano can connect you with the resources you need: help to quit smoking, how to make your apartment complex smoke-free, how to prevent youth from using tobacco and how to become an advocate by joining the Solano County Tobacco Education Coalition.
For those wanting to quit:
- Smokers’ Helpline:stop smoking counselors will work with your schedule to set up appointment times to talk with you by phone to help you quit. Their phone lines are open weekdays from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. www.nobutts.org
- English: 1-800-NO-BUTTS
- Spanish: 1-800-45-NO-FUME
- Smokeless Tobacco: 1-800-844-CHEW
- Call 707-784-8900 to register for Kick the Butts classes and get help to quit smoking at NO COST to you. Visit www.TobaccoFreeSolano.org for more information.
Share with us your favorite Tobacco-Free spaces in Solano County tag us on Instagram or Twitter using #VibeSolano. You can also post your favorite pictures of you and your family having fun on Solano County on our Facebook page!