Parents, Guardians & Mentors:
This page provides facts and resources to help you talk and listen to your teens about cannabis. Start the conversation today! The California Department of Public Health has created a helpful series of Fact Sheets and FAQs to navigate this dialogue. Check out the content below to learn more information. If you are concerned about a youth or want to find healthy support for a youth struggling with cannabis, please visit Solano County Behavioral Health for resources or contact us at email@example.com
IMPACT ON HEALTH
Cannabis can negatively impact youth in many ways:
- Like cigarettes, smoking cannabis is harmful to the lungs.
- Using cannabis regularly during your teen years and your early 20s may lead to physical changes in the brain.
- Decline in school performance and athletic performance.
Join us! If you’re interested in getting involved in youth substance abuse prevention efforts, please contact any of our partners below to discuss additional resources and ways to get involved in your community. If you want to get involved in shaping local policy as it relates to youth, these are the ways to start.
- Solano County ATOD Prevention Collaborative
- Benicia Youth Action Coalition
- Rio Vista Alliance
- Solano County Office of Education Youth Development Services
- Suisun City ATOD Prevention Coalition
- Vacaville AWARE Coalition (Advocating for Wellness, Adolescent Recovery and Education)
- Vallejo Community Change Coalition