Smoke-Free Housing is Legal!
- Children and Seniors exposed to secondhand smoke are at higher risk for certain chronic diseases, especially asthma and other respiratory illnesses.
- It creates a healthier environment for your family and neighbors by protecting all residents from the health risks associated with involuntary exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Talk to your landlord/manager and ask for your apartment complex to go Smoke-Free.
For more information, please visit the Smoke-Free Environments page.
- Smoke-Free units are easier and less expensive to turn! There are no burn marks, smoke stains, or lingering smells in the unit. Cost savings of turning a Smoke-Free unit average around $5,000.
- It is legal!
- When an apartment complex goes Smoke-Free, there are fewer tenant complaints because there is no smoke drifting from one unit into another.
- The common areas will be less littered with cigarette butts, therefore saving money and time on cleaning costs.
- Smoke-Free Housing has a lower risk of fire.
- Many insurance companies offer Insurance Discounts to apartment complexes that are designated to be Smoke-Free.
- A Smoke-Free policy can apply to all smoking, including Cannabis and Electronic Smoking Devices (vaping).
If you’re ready to go Smoke-Free, please visit Be Involved.
You may also contact Wendy Loomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 707-784-8274 to get started!